Chris Winn: Ramblings From The Road

pedal.write.pedal.write.pedal.



27 September 2009

Green And Gold With A Rainbow Swirl.

Cadel bagged the big one. Holy shite I was on the edge of my seat eating my pancakes this morning watching the live feed. When he scrapped onto the split on the last lap after Cancellara was smashing it up I wasn't so sure, but my word when he rode away from Kolobnev and Rodriguez on the climb it was magical stuff. 5 seconds blew out to 13 and then it was unreal to watch our national team jersey cross the line in the biggest one day race of the season. Awesome, awesome stuff.


With the off season in full swing here Kat and I did some hiking today upwards of Idaho Springs. Being autumn here the aspens are changing and the colours are awesome.



After almost four hours on foot we were pretty pleased to see the car again, with both of us still getting adjusted to using the whole non cycling specific muscles deal. It's amazing just how one dimensional you become when you do the same activity for months on end. Let some new adventures begin.

No comments: