Chris Winn: Ramblings From The Road

pedal.write.pedal.write.pedal.



27 September 2007

Stand Up And Be Counted.



Despite my high enthusiasm for it right now, this wasn't me or done on the back of my car...looks like someone else has been bitten by the same bug and gone from refueling with petrol to powerbars. I must say a pretty fitting sign to come across in this first week of wearing lycra multiple days in a row.



It dawned on me the other day to think the upcoming 2008 season will mark the 10th year since I started racing bicycles. And i owe it all to the man above for getting me started. Trust the younger brother to follow the older in his footsteps. Somehow, despite the incredible suffering that this sport can bring, lies an incredible journey of self discovery and enjoyment that has taken me places I'd never thought i'd imagine I'd go. All I know is that somewhere deep inside that candle of enjoyment still burns bright.

No comments: