Chris Winn: Ramblings From The Road

pedal.write.pedal.write.pedal.



14 July 2010

Wheels Keep On Turning.


The weeks just keep rolling along and it's only a couple more days before I pack the bag again and head off for another adventure.  Had a chance to do some local racing last weekend with two of Colorado's more prestigious criteriums, being the famous North Boulder Park and the State Championships at Longmont.  To be honest crits aren't the most major thing on my radar this year so I was happy just to use them both for a little speed work to spice up the training.  NBP went off with out a hitch and we had Allen in the major break taking out 8th place.  Longmont was a testing day after a few mid race rain storms that left us all looking like we'd been riding the dirt bikes instead of the tarmac ones.  I was happy as a clam to work the front to bring back the main break of the day in hopes of Allen having a good sprint at the end.  Things got a little dicey after a couple of guys thought that doing a mid race madison style hand-sling in the wet would be a good idea.  Turned out it wasn't and I was lucky enough to avoid the carnage that followed.  In the end Allen took 10th and afterwards I thought it would be fun to ride home via Boulder.  Almost 3hrs later and close to 9pm I made it mostly in one piece and at least got a solid training day in with our next racing block coming up.  As I mentioned we leave Friday for Boise, ID to tackle the Boise Twilight Criterium then continue the journey to Bend for the 6 day Cascade Classic.  A new one for me so I'm pretty amped to see what it's all about.  Looks like we're going to have a stacked squad of 8 to animate the race so we'll see how things go.


Local photographer Mark Woolcott was able to finish up his latest blog piece that we did together the other morning......check it out here.

No comments: