Chris Winn: Ramblings From The Road

pedal.write.pedal.write.pedal.



07 June 2010

Nice Way To Start The Day

Free internet at Portland Airport.  Nice one Oregon, thumbs up in my book.  So Mt Hood finished yesterday in a wet and slippery crit.  Gray put the Rio on the podium for a very fine second place out of a break away that stuck.  Awesome way to finish a pretty good week for us, with another icing on the cake finishing 2nd on Team GC.  As for me I played it pretty cautious and keep all my skin with a bunch finish.  In the wash up it was a 20th GC finish for me which I was pretty happy about, considering I had no GC ambitions for this race, only aggression and stages were the plan, with my 8th place at the Mt Adams stage being the closest I got.

So the circus rolls on and I'm now at the start of a fairly long travel day.  From Portland to Minneapolis (via Denver) to hang for a week before Nature Valley starting on the 16th.  Time to get serious folks..this is it.

No comments: