Chris Winn: Ramblings From The Road

pedal.write.pedal.write.pedal.



16 April 2010

Ducks In A Row.


First off, check out this. That is some top notch behind the scene logistics going on!  Super organized and prepared.....my kinda team!  In fact (on a very tiny scale compared to Sky) I'm in the same boat right now, starting to get organized for the first road trip leaving town next Thursday. Fresh Vittoria tubulars are being glued, food gathered and bikes getting prepped for the Bisbee/Gila double.  Wow it's come up quick but I'm pretty excited to get finally the ball rolling with the NRC stuff.   With under 10 days of racing in the legs at the moment I'm still a little green that's for sure, but hopefully Bisbee will open things up a bit and with a completely different set up Gila should be unreal.  Plus they reckon LA will be there again so no doubt it will be huge.  Speaking of huge, I'm pretty excited to have switched my power measuring duties from a Powertap to an SRM over the last week.  By chance, by fate or just the right place at the right time I was able to make a straight swap of the two and I'm pumped to still get nerdy power numbers and still have swanky carbon race wheels on.  Too cool.

Norris has left town yesterday hopping a short plane ride to race Sea Donkey this weekend in CA.  Weather looks good and the guy is turning the pedals well after a third place last weekend at Boulder-Roubaix so watch the results for the plucky bloke from the Maine' tearing shreds.  Boulder-Roubaix was okay for me, nothing spesh really with a 21st placing and all my skin so that was a good thing.  As I said the fitness isn't too bad, just need to get more race days in the legs really.  This weekend it's yet another TT (I'll get one right one of these days!) and the big Air Force RR on Sunday which we'll have a full squad ready to throw down.  Watch for Gray I say.....laters...cw

No comments: