Chris Winn: Ramblings From The Road

pedal.write.pedal.write.pedal.



05 April 2007

Meanwhile Back At The Ranch...

Howdy..been awhile. Term One of school has finished and now I am officially unemployed! Hell yeah! As hectic as it was always gonna be, my first term out in the real world as a teacher was pretty good...but maybe not for me just right now... The exciting news is that I have three weeks to live as a full time athlete to prepare...prepare for what you ask? Well for those of you who haven't heard I will be leaving for the US at the end of the month for some h-core, in your face, beat me with a stick and then some NORBA (or should I say NMBS...ah whatever) action and also hittin' up some Mountain States Cup events outta Colorado. Radness to the max. So needless to say I'm pretty damn friggin pumped with the whole thing..and the US racing season has already started last weekend with K-Bomb schooling them all....and have I got some work to do! Challenges we seek...

Save me a spot at the back fellas....

Racing wise the Oceania's were a mix bag for me...good in the fact I was on track for a season best result in 6th place with a couple to go and the form is getting there....but bad in the fact if DNF when my pedal came out and I kissed goodbye a nice smattering of UCI points to improve on the current world ranking of 52! I love the early season races when your name is infront of Absolon.....

In other exciting news the brand spankin' Kings Of Leon album was released last week and it's been on high rotation since I passed over my twenty to the lovely lass at the record store...it rips...almost reason to grow my hair and a dirty southern beard....


Eva and I have been smashin the mtb the last few days, including coming across some hidden North Shore ramps just outta the Nongs..huck anyone?

Remember when you were a kid and you pretended you were Superman and were flying not running...same situation..all about visualization!

Oh yeah stayed tuned for some more exciting changes in the wings for 07....and thanx to those who heckled this blog back to life.....lator y'all, cw.

2 comments:

Grover said...

Haha, we found that NS a few weeks back - tis horrible. Got some pics with Macca and Maebus in position for the huck.

Good luck in the states - you doing Ada tree tomorrow?

Chris Winn said...

Yeah it's pretty rickety..i'll be there tmw absolutley mate..